Why Eat Exotic Mushrooms?
‘Since ancient times, mushrooms have been regarded as the ‘Food of the Gods’. The Pharaohs of ancient Egypt believed they had magical powers, while the Chinese used them for their health giving properties.’ – Bord Bia
Enjoying our exotic mushrooms regularly offers a convenient source of fresh, local and sustainable food.
The Environmentally Friendly Choice
Our organic exotic mushrooms offer a healthy and environmentally friendly food which can be used as an accompaniment to a main course – or be the main course!
Exotic mushrooms are considered a healthy addition to any diet. Bord Bia – The Irish Food Board lists the benefits of mushrooms as:
- Naturally fat free
- Naturally low in calories
- Naturally high in fibre
- A high protein food as 57% of its calories come from protein, which contributes to the maintenance of muscle mass and normal bones.
- A source of potassium
- High in Biotin
- High in selenium which contributes to maintenance of normal hair and nails.
- A source of vitamin B2 (riboflavin)
- A source of vitamin B3 (niacin)
- A source of folate which contributes to the reduction of tiredness and fatigue.
- High in vitamin B5 (pantothenic acid)
Find out more about our organic exotic mushrooms.